- Black drivers receive less respect from police officers, study saysby Maya Brown on July 30, 2021 at 10:01 am
Black drivers were 61 percent more likely to hear words such as “dude” and “bro” and “hands on the wheel” during traffic stops.
- The truth about fast fashion: can you tell how ethical your clothing is by its price?by Hannah Marriott on July 30, 2021 at 6:00 am
Here is what you need to know to buy clothes with a clear conscience
- Australia’s First Nations Fashion Designers Make a Markby Georgina Safe on July 30, 2021 at 4:30 am
After years of marginalisation and underrepresentation, Indigenous designers are carving out new business opportunities in the Australian fashion sector. Is the industry doing enough to support them?
- Fashion podcaster apologizes for calling interviewee a 'JAP'by Heritage Florida Jewish News on July 30, 2021 at 12:00 am
By Ben Sales (JTA) — Recho Omondi, a fashion podcaster who was accused of antisemitism for comments in a recent interview she conducted with a Jewish writer, has posted a lengthy apology to her listeners. “I owe the Jewish community and anyone else who’s offended by my words an apology,” Omondi said in a six-minute segment uploaded Tuesday...
- Annabel Crabb’s favourite era – for fashion, not politicsby Georgie Gordon on July 29, 2021 at 10:00 pm
“I’m influenced by lots of things from the past and I like the opportunity to bring them back.”
- Kendall Jenner Wore Very Intense Crocs, and People Love Them on Amazonby Allyson Payer on July 29, 2021 at 9:57 pm
All you need is $55 and an open mind.
- Kendall Jenner Wore Very Intense Crocs and People Love Them on Amazonby Allyson Payer on July 29, 2021 at 9:57 pm
Kendall Jenner loves a pair of comfortable shoes, and crocs are her latest acquisition. Shop the exact pair here.
- Vicksburg museum to exhibit work of late fashion designer Patrick Kellyby Cianna Reeves on July 29, 2021 at 8:57 pm
JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – A new exhibit will open at Vicksburg’s Catfish Row Museum on Saturday, August 24 to highlight the work of late fashion designer and Vicksburg native Patrick Kell…
- Black photographers showcase art at Central Libraryby Indianapolis Recorder on July 29, 2021 at 5:33 pm
Dozens of multisized photographs hung on the walls of an old camera shop on the south side of Chicago, but none of those photos impressed 17-year-old Lenny White. He had been to the shop many times but had no interest in photography until the day he saw a contact sheet — a small sheet of
- Christopher Kane Bolsters Support to Young Black British Talentsby Tianwei Zhang on July 29, 2021 at 1:53 pm
The third issue of Platform spotlights aspiring young artists on a national level in partnership with Fashion Academics Creating Equality.