- Lynx staff met team’s new owners, and did some educatingby Grand Forks Herald on April 16, 2021 at 9:04 pm
“We had some fun in there for a little over a half hour, just kind of talking about what we were doing and a little bit about the Lynx,” said Lynx head coach and general manager Cheryl Reeve.
- HBCUs: America’s pathway to next generation prosperityby JAMIE BRACEY-GREEN on April 16, 2021 at 6:07 pm
In tribute to Dr. King’s Calls for economic inclusion I once had a powerful interaction with Mrs. Coretta Scott King while taking her order for lunch. As she was teasing me about the taste of northern “barbecue” she suddenly turned to make the decisive statement, “They didn’t kill my Martin for civil rights, they killed
- HBCU Football: 3 bold predictions for Grambling State vs. Southernby Dante Pryor on April 16, 2021 at 2:22 pm
This Saturday is the 47th Annual Bayou Classic between the Grambling State Tigers and the Southern University Jaguars. It is one of the iconic HBCU "c...
- Charleston Diocese Sues South Carolina for Barring Covid-Relief Funds from Private Schoolsby NCR on April 16, 2021 at 4:05 am
Several states’ Blaine Amendments have been struck down in recent years.
- Bayou Classic showcases importance of HBCUsby Kenley Hargett on April 16, 2021 at 3:51 am
Shreveport’s Bayou Classic is showcasing Southern University and Grambling State University this year.
- Charleston diocese sues South Carolina for barring Covid-relief funds from private schoolsby EWTN on April 16, 2021 at 12:01 am
The Diocese of Charleston filed a suit against South Carolina on Wednesday challenging the state’s “Blaine Amendment”, which prohibits public funds from going to private schools.
- This photographer is preserving the legacy of the Rosenwald schoolsby David A.M. Wilensky on April 15, 2021 at 10:44 pm
To the end of his life, the civil rights hero and later congressman John Lewis remembered the half-mile walk from his family’s farm in rural Pike County, Alabama, to the Dunn’s Chapel School. There was no school bus for Black children; Lewis’ hike was short compared with the miles walked by many of his classmates.
- Macy's 2022 Thanksgiving Parade will feature Columbia SC historically black collegeby MSN on April 15, 2021 at 10:09 pm
Apr. 16—Benedict College's marching band is set to play in the 2022 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, officials said Thursday. The historically Black college's band was one of hundreds of nationwide applicants who will be playing in the parade, according to a news release from Benedict. Wade Johnson, Benedict's band director, was ecstatic during a Thursday interview with The State. Asked how he ...
- GSU awarded $20,000 from Home Depot® Retool Your Schoolby nhenderson on April 15, 2021 at 9:57 pm
GRAMBLING, La. (KTAL/KMSS) –– Grambling State University has been awarded a $20,000 grant from the Home Depot® Retool Your School Program. As one of 10 winners in the first cluster, funds will be u…
- Clark Atlanta University Launches Executive Leadership Institute for Next Generation of HBCU Presidentsby AP NEWS on April 15, 2021 at 8:28 pm
Press release content from PR Newswire. The AP news staff was not involved in its creation.